review: Special K -- vanilla almond

Yeah, I felt like getting back to the cereals today. I'm almost through my Special Ks. I opened the box of Vanilla Almond the other day, and upon the first bite I thought, is this honey? Then, of course, I remembered what I was eating. I suppose it tastes like vanilla. And almonds. That really cuts into the vanilla flavor--but not in a bad way. I just realized that one thing I like about these cereals with nuts is the way the essence of nut flavor gets all the way the through the entire bag.

Also, I ate too much. Every time I open a box of Special K I forget how filling it is.

****
Bonus review: Last weekend I happened to come across Thomas' Cranberry Swirl Bread. And the name is not misleading: it really does have a cranberry swirl, in addition to the big chunks of cranberries. Also, the bread itself tastes buttery without putting anything on it. I don't know why Pepperidge Farm isn't making theirs this year, but, no matter. This one is much better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...