notes on another butter

My sister came home (again) with a new pumpkin butter to try, this one by Meridian Marketplace (there was no actual website but I did find it in a fundraising catalog). It's on the darker side of the color range, like Dickinson's, but with its own distinct flavor--a bit heavy on the cloves. It tastes like what I expect Celestial Seasonings' new Harvest Pumpkin tea to taste like: slightly overseasoned, to get that recognizable flavor. It's not my favorite but I like it and I would totally try their strawberry-rhubarb preserves, too.

In other news, in case you missed it: there's been a recall of Nesquik chocolate powder. Man, that takes me back. Not to product recalls or Salmonella outbreaks, but to my milk-drinking days. My favorite at-home lunch as a kid was a tall glass of chocolate or strawberry (preferably strawberry) Quik with a PB&J sandwich and two homemade peanut butter cookies. They just aren't peanut butter cookies if you don't do the cross-hatching with a fork.

Now I really want some cookies. If my sister remembers to bring home her fundraiser cookie dough next time, I'll be sure to review it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...