recipe backlog. (seriously)

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We didn't have any extra guests this year, so I think we may have overestimated our sides intake. I may be trying stuffin' muffins tonight!

But I'm actually here today to share my birthday cake. I had to make it last weekend because that was the only free time I had. I've had this Duncan Hines hummingbird cake recipe stashed away for five years, waiting for someone to request it. But no one ever did, so I finally decided to make it for myself. Yes, I make my own birthday cakes. Why? Because I want to.

I loved how the batter smelled like snickerdoodles--maybe a little too much, as I didn't quite pour the batter evenly into my Bundt pan. It didn't taste like snickerdoodles, though; in the finished cake, the pineapple flavor comes through the strongest. I also don't think it would've made much difference if I'd used a whole banana instead of just half. I'd still label it a successful cake, though.

Next time, a few Thanksgiving recipes, probably. Namely, the pie and cranberry sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...