soup-er easy

(Why no, I'm not afraid to go there.)

Anyway, I wanted to share one of my favorite soups. Like I said, it's easy; it's also very flavorful. Oh, I guess I should mention the name: Chicken-Vegetable Soup with Dumplings. I remember as a kid I loved my grandma's chicken and dumplings but now I couldn't possibly eat it--way too greasy. So when I came across this soup I jumped at the chance to try it.

You can use whatever frozen vegetables you like; I prefer to stick with the mixed vegetables. Yesterday I forgot to thaw them until two hours beforehand; just a little rinse and they worked fine. I have overcooked vegetables in soup before and it's not pretty.

The best part of the soup, though, is the dumplings; they help thicken the soup and make it almost creamy without using a dairy product. Plus it tastes just like the canned kind--maybe even better--without coming from a can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...