unofficial review: almond milk

Well, I finally did it this morning. I tried almond milk. I knew my sister would get around to wanting some eventually and there's no way she could drink the whole carton herself so I figured, hey, why not? And as far as I can tell, no ill effects. To be fair, I did empty the last of my Lactaid into the bowl first but I don't think it made that much difference.

The consistency, color, and taste all reminded me of soy milk (still not sure why that tastes nutty) but without the throat "fuzzies." It complemented my chosen cereal well--Golden Grahams mixed with Maple and Brown Sugar Life--but I'm not sure how well it would work with a corn based cereal. I'm thinking Corn Pops or Kix here. But I did like it. Beats eating cereal dry.

***Oh, and I've been meaning to mention that my schedule is totally messed up right now what with Thanksgiving prep and all. I might not even have regular posts through Xmas. But I'll do the best I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...