review: Quaker Real Medleys -- Summer Berry Oatmeal

I believe this came out back in the spring but I just got around to trying it yesterday. I just wasn't in an oatmeal mood in May. First things first, it comes in its own cup, and then you either add boiling water or heat it (with water) in the microwave. I opted for the boiling water since I was making a cup of tea anyway. When I lifted the inner lid I immediately took notice of all the berries. Lots of berries. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, to be exact, although I didn't really see the raspberries. I'm sure they were in there. I should also note that these berries looked like dried berries and not the scraps in regular instant oatmeal.

I couldn't quite get the consistency I wanted, even after adding more water; I'm thinking that may be because of the multigrains. And you really need to stir up from the bottom. That's where all the flavor was.

On the plus side, the container holds heat well. Really well. The oatmeal was still warm down to the last bite.

Would I buy this again? I do believe I would. I tried adding fresh blueberries to my own oatmeal once and failed (I'm sure I've mentioned this before) but I didn't have any texture issues here. I might even try another flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...