one fruit and one vegetable

So how did those roasted carrots turn out? Pretty good, actually. I cut the recipe in half since I only had four carrots; if you use a 1 lb. bag you could probably feed six. And go easy on the pepper. You don't want that to overshadow the other flavors. Sometime this winter I will get to the other three recipes, too.

Earlier that morning I made cranberry muffins. Just so you know, one and a half cups of dried cranberries is basically a whole bag of Craisins. I used the reduced-sugar variety to see if there was a taste difference; I don't really think so. And you can taste just a hint of orange in there, too. I also used whole-wheat pastry flour instead of regular whole wheat flour since I already had it in the house. I have no idea if that makes baked goods less dry; I just know that I like it.

Hopefully there'll be a cereal review forthcoming. I've had to resist the urge to overstock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...