review: Good Morenings -- strawberry and creme

Yes, I finally found it. Locally, I mean. I surprised myself by not even hesitating to buy it, despite the size. I guess that giant box of Honeycomb had me mentally prepared.

So on to the cereal. The original six flavors debuted late last summer, just in time for the back-to-school season. I'm guessing that Post's intention was to create a large-sized bargain line for cereal-devouring families. Now it seems that after some real-world market research they've cut it to four flavors. Luckily for me, Strawberry and Creme made the cut.

It's a corn- and wheat-flake cereal (although it just tasted like corn to me), with half of the flakes colored pink and sweetened "strawberry" and the other half...not. The strawberry scent hits you as soon as the bag is opened--the taste, however, was just okay. You'd think the company behind the awesomely flavored Fruit Blends could do a little bit better than "Berry Berry Kix-ish." I'll be mixing this with something else for sure, maybe some Special K or, you know, a box of Fruit Blends. Non-picky kids will probably love it, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...