dinner, among other things

Sometimes you just have to clean out the ol' mental file. First: what to do with leftover chicken broth? Sure, I could've gone through my many binders, but instead I found this Chicken with Honey Mustard Glaze. We just happened to have some honey (we always have honey) and Dijon mustard on hand; just add carrots and chicken...ta-da! A workable recipe. The pluses: the chicken did not get overcooked. It was done but still tender. The carrots also had just the right amount of crunch with being too much on the raw side. Or the opposite rubbery side. Negative: needs more spice. I would consider upping the amounts of honey and mustard, and maybe adding some pepper and/or paprika. As it is, though, the mildness might be good for those who need a meal that's gentle on the stomach.

*******
In other news, my Target--so I'm assuming, by extension, most every Target--recently rearranged its cereal aisle. They now have a neatly arranged granola section right next to their fully stocked and clearly labeled Kashi section. I say this, because, yes, I've decided to try Kashi cereals. I think Target had every single flavor I want to try--about ten, I think. Mostly berry-based.

Which brings me to one more point. I think I spotted a third flavor of Honey Bunches of Oats granola. Cinnamon, just like the old Just Bunches. I think my eyes did not deceive me. I'll get back to that eventually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...