review: Heart to Heart Oat Flakes & Blueberry Clusters

So, in case you didn't realize, I finally caved and tried Kashi. Hey, I was running out of cereals. I went to the website, checked out the flavors I might be interested in, and this one was the first.

The first thing I noticed this morning was the dark flakes. If I'm reading the ingredient list correctly, they're an oat/oat bran flake. Don't worry, they're not burnt. They're a bit curled on the ends and slightly coated with sweetness to keep them from being dry and unpalatable. I'm trying to picture a flake in my mind to compare them to but I just can't pull it out of the mental file--oh, wait, there it is. Remember Honey Almond Flax Total? That's precisely what these flakes remind me of (but with a different grain). I must confess, I couldn't stop eating them out of the bowl.

There's a multigrain cluster with dried blueberries, too. You know how I love my clusters. The blueberry scent is just enough and not overwhelming. I poured a little too much milk this morning--I was trying to finish off a carton of Lactaid--but the cereal as a whole held up until the end. Another point for you, Kashi.

In closing, I have to apologize to Kashi for my assuming their snobbery. Cereal is cereal, especially when it's a reasonable price. And delicious. If I can be more open-minded about cereal, maybe I can apply that to other areas of my life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...