a two-fer

I thought the focus today would be on almond-coconut milk but I don't think I have enough to say about it. You know how I feel about almond milk already. I've been thinking about trying coconut milk for a while now but was concerned about how much coconut flavor was involved. I wouldn't want it to overwhelm the cereal, you know? So what I do spot in Wal-Mart a few weeks ago? Almond-coconut milk! Problem solved. I finally tried some this morning and it tasted exactly how I expected: a bit almond-y, a bit coconut-ish. I went with the plain but there's also a vanilla-sweetened one. I think I may rotate this one in every now and then.

****
Now for my unrelated quick thought of the day: roasted parmesan asparagus. I've actually shared this before, but this time I followed the instructions correctly, tossing the asparagus in the oil-herb combo. I don't think enough seasoning actually stuck to the stalks; I may have to go back to sprinkling individually like I do with other vegetables.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...