Going Greek

I know, I know, it's about time I joined the 21st century. Or at least this decade. This morning I had Greek yogurt for the first time ever. I'd been hesitant to try it--mainly out of fear of stomach discomfort--but then my preferred brand figured out Greek yogurt, and only recently started selling singles. So I thought this would be a good time to try it.

I peeled back the lid and started stirring. It felt like stirring regular (not light) sour cream, or maybe Noxzema. I tasted a little bit. The texture inside my mouth felt like eating some yogurt/pudding/mousse hybrid. Or like eating a tub of Betty Crocker Whipped frosting. The flavor--toasted coconut vanilla--tasted the same as the regular yogurt. I wanted something with a subtle flavor so I could get a good, solid opinion this first time.

Overall the experience was sort of...weird. It felt like I was eating dessert for breakfast, and of all the meals you could mix up, this is the only one that feels...wrong to me. That said, I'll probably try it again sometime. I could see myself eating it occasionally. I was mainly worried that the thickness would be too filling, but this Greek yogurt was only 5.3 ounces, as opposed to 6 ounces in the regular yogurt. I really do think that makes a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...