bready or not

A few years back Fleischmann's came out with Simply Homemade Bread Mix and I was so excited. No-knead bread mix? Yes, please. We had a bread maker ages ago but it was sold at a yard sale and it wasn't for many years later that my mom came to regret that. So anyway: bread. I tried the different grain options and four of the flavor suggestions (I especially liked the lemon blueberry), and while I liked it, no one else did all that much. So I stopped making it.

Then, last month, I noticed the new Pretzel Creations. I wanted to make a treat for the holidays that wasn't a cake--how about cinnamon sugar pretzels? That went over really well, so I thought, maybe I should try the bread again. While searching the website for the cinnamon-sugar measurements I found this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Bread. I think the only word I can use to sum this up is mouthwatering. I'd never used cinnamon chips before; it's like eating pie in a bread slice. Oh, and I used the Multi-Grain bread mix. I didn't notice until the loaf was out of the oven that they have loaf pan directions on the side of the box now; I'll probably try that next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...