I'm back with soup

Isn't that always the way? For a week I had nothing to write about; now I have a 3-4 entry backlog. Somebody had a craving for Italian Wedding Soup, so I obliged. I hadn't made it in two years. You can learn a lot about soup making in two years' time. For instance, my family likes brothy soups, so I should always add a little bit more broth and/or water than the recipe calls for. Second, make sure the meatballs are done. I mean done done. Picky eaters with sensitive stomachs will put the slightest pink meatball back in the pot. We don't want another kale incident.

And since I only needed half of the ground pork, with the rest I made homemade pork sausage. Except it was later at night and I wasn't totally focused and between my mother and myself we could not get the measurements right. So the sausage ended up a little spicy, so they say (I wouldn't know, I don't do breakfast meat).

*******
In other news, what did I spy when searching for the last of the bran flakes earlier today? A new Frosted Mini-Wheats: Touch of Fruit in the Middle -- Raisin. Raisins in my Mini-Wheats? I've been trying to figure that one out for years! Adding it to the list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...