there I go adding oats again...

Have you ever woken up and said to yourself, I want to try oatmeal pancakes? I hadn't either, until a few weeks ago. I don't know why but I dove into some 'net research and settled on this one: Oaty Pear 'n Pecan Pancakes. I had the oats, of course, some Aunt Jemima pancake mix that needed to be eaten, and a pear. I omitted the pecans but I can see how they would complement the oats. The texture of these oatmeal pancakes is a little...textured, I guess. They're not gritty; the oats have softened somewhat. But you can tell the difference from a regular pancake. And the chopped pear cooked up just enough for me to be able to tolerate it. I'd actually forgotten to consider that when choosing this recipe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...