review: *new*(-ish) Honey Bunches of Oats Morning Energy -- chocolatey almond crunch

I never really study a box right before opening--the only thing I'm thinking is "need. food. now."--so what poured out of the box this morning was not what I was expecting. I thought it would just be regular Honey Bunches of Oats with some chocolate chunks and almonds so imagine my surprise to find big chocolate oat clusters in my cereal bowl. I was concerned at first that they would be too chocolaty but picture Cocoa Krispies with oat clusters instead of rice. I think they're just dusted with cocoa powder (and maybe sealed with honey for good measure) and they are...I don't know, I use "delicious" so much. But everything about this cereal is pretty close to perfect. From the clusters to the small chocolatey bits to the almonds, I feel like a lot of thought went into this product.

I used this to top off my Crispix and banana this morning and I can't believe it never occurred to me to put chocolate and bananas together. I mean, I just finished off a box of Dole Banana Dippers! I'm starting to think most fruits would pair well with chocolate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...