cookies continued...

Saturday was the perfect day for a cookie experiment: my first-ever snickerdoodles. Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles, to be exact. I think I've been holding to on this recipe for a year now. They're just the right size to be a nice little giftable cookie, which was a plus. And I had some pumpkin butter I needed to use up (plus plus). I should point out that mine looked like a traditional puffy snickerdoodle, as opposed to the picture--maybe they were flattened out before baking? And again, my new cookie sheet worked great.

If you've never had a snickerdoodle, it's hard to explain the texture. They're not dry like shortbread, or chewy-cakey like you might expect. It's somewhere in between those two. And the spices make for a more interesting flavor than a regular snickerdoodle. More layered, maybe? I can't think of the word I want. Dare I say delicious again? I know I use that word too much. I can't help it when it's the truth, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...