for your pie party?

As I was saying, I had leftover cranberries and needed to do something with them so I figured I'd just throw them in my apple pie. Well, not just. I knew I had a couple of different apple-cranberry pie recipes. All I had to do was find one that called for fresh (not dried) cranberries and wasn't a deep-dish pie so I wouldn't have to go out and buy more apples. As it was, I threw in a sixth apple from the fruit bin just to make sure I had enough.

Oh, the recipe? Festive Apple-Berry Pie. For your festive occasion, a pie that looks festive. Really. Cut a slice and peek inside the rest. It just looks like a holiday pie with the bright red of the cooked cranberries. Mine looked pretty much like the picture although my crimping skills are still a work in progress. And the taste? It would've been a perfectly fine regular apple pie but sometimes you get bored with perfectly fine regular apple pie. It doesn't take much for me to like a pie so I'll just say this one was really, really...good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...