thanks for baking!

I went away for Thanksgiving this year, so that necessitated bringing a dish that I could make in advance and would travel well. Pound cake it is! But not just any pound cake. Pumpkin Pound Cake. So what's the difference between a pumpkin pound cake and a pumpkin bread? I would say the density, basically. I couldn't eat a thick chunk of cake (although I would've liked to). The canned pumpkin makes it moist, of course, and the spices made the batter smell just like a pumpkin pie. You'll also want to eat more than you actually can.

I didn't do the glaze, though, because it probably would've just melted away and/or stuck to the plastic wrap; I'm sure that would take the finished cake from spectacular to awesome--or vice versa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...