Peary Christmas

I came across this recipe for Cranberry Poached Pears in the Thanksgiving issue of Good Housekeeping but as you know, we went away for Thanksgiving so I had to hold on to it 'til last Thursday, when we had Second Thanksgiving. I had my brother in mind since he detests cranberries and cranberry sauce in all forms. But he will put away a pear--and he did. Just picked up his tiny pear and ate the whole thing with his hands. So I was successful on that front.

My mom didn't like them for some reason. She can't even give me a good reason, though, so I can't offer any adjustments there. Everyone else ate them, though, and again the next day with leftovers. It really helped to be able to make them in advance since I was so busy last week. All month, when you think about it. Oh, and I didn't need the whole bag of cranberries so I had to do something with them.

Tune in next entry to find out what I did with the cranberries!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...