a story of chicken and chives

I've been on a bit of a post-holiday blog break; it's been so much in a short period of time, plus I didn't have anything of note to write about. But now I'm back with Dijon-Herb Chicken Thighs. I had some chives that I didn't want to go to waste so I started searching different recipe sites and narrowed it down to two recipes. This one came out on top because it was a good day to have chicken.

We don't eat a lot of chicken thighs (I've always been partial to them, though) so I didn't know how this was going to go over. Fresh herbs are always good, and the tang of Dijon mustard seemed a good complement, and it's baked, so, less work for me. The end result was almost--almost--what it should have been. I think it needed more mustard; also, I didn't add the salt and pepper in the correct step, so I lost some flavor there. But it was cooked thoroughly in the amount of time listed (and broiled faster--I told you I have a super-hot oven) and we ate it all, so, another successful new recipe. I will make it again sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...