slow Sunday pork

You remember the oven incident from last month, right? Well, the package of pork tenderloin actually came with two, and the second one's been waiting in the freezer all this time. My other recipe option--which I didn't have time for during said emergency--was this Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin (you'll have to scroll down from that link). It was just about time to have some sweet potatoes again, and anything with dried cranberries will entice my mother.

This was the first time we've made anything in our current Crock-Pot other than soup. I know my mom used to make something years ago, but that was the eighties, a different Crock-Pot, and not for the kids. It still amazes me how food comes out cooked perfectly. I did the minimal amount of time for each step and still ended up with tender sweet potatoes and thoroughly cooked pork. The broiled glaze at the end was a nice touch but you could really get by without it.

And then the leftovers...I'll save that for the next entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...