oatmeal gratification

I don't know what's my problem. I made these Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies two weeks ago and just kept forgetting to take notes on them. Then I kept skipping it in favor of other entries. So I thawed out the leftovers yesterday and thought I'd better get around to blogging them. My first thought is, do you love brown sugar? Then you will love these cookies. And if you really, really love brown sugar, opt for dark. Two, do they live up to the name? Absolutely. I know I've made oatmeal cookies that were a little too dense for my liking--but not straight up bricks; I've never screwed up a cookie that badly--but these are definitely soft and chewy. And they stayed nicely for a week--although who am I kidding, I'll eat a stale cookie (within a reasonable amount of time).

I found this recipe while searching for an oatmeal cookie that called for molasses; I don't think I've ever combined the two before. And being one of Sally's recipes made trying it a no-brainer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...