review: Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch

This is basically the Nature's Path version of Raisin Bran Crunch. I've been meaning to try it for a while but I finally thought to buy it last month. And, fair warning, it's not pumpkin-flavored. But it has pumpkin seeds. Not a lot, but enough. In fact, the best thing I can say about the cereal that the ratio of flakes to raisins (to seeds to oat clusters) is just exactly where you'd want it to be.

The flakes are on the small side, round and concave from the pressing with little bits of flax seeds in there, too. If you don't like whole flax seeds you might tolerate this better. The oat clusters are sweeter than the flakes but on the whole it's a bit on the dry side. That didn't really bother me, though, since I like to drown my raisin bran in milk anyway. Overall, a worthy addition to my raisin bran lineup.

*******
In other, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" news, my brother got his package in time after all (after a nudge to the post office), and he also liked the homemade granola. Separately, it seems Betty Crocker took my suggestion and will be starting their 24 Days of Cookies the day after Thanksgiving instead of December 1st. As I explained it, I don't really need those cookie recipes the week of Xmas, when I'm busy with other last-minute things. Starting earlier gives me--or anyone--more time to choose which cookies to bake and when. So you're welcome, cookie bakers. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...