Sunday Sconeday

Maybe it's just time-change grumpiness but I didn't love these Dried Blueberry Almond Scones. They had everything I was looking for: another scone recipe, a use for dried blueberries (and dried cranberries to make the full 3/4 cup), almonds! Maybe I didn't add enough milk. It's hard to eyeball 2/3 of 1/2 cup. Maybe they could've used a little turbinado sugar sprinkle? I don't know. My mother raved, though, so that's something. And any scone (or biscuit) recipe that calls for patting instead of rolling is always a plus. I'll have a leftover one tomorrow; maybe my opinion will change.

Oh, and one note--yes, you should use the amount of almond extract called for in the recipe. It may smell overwhelming while you're mixing but all the flavors blend on your tongue at the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...