minus the coffee

I'm not a coffee drinker but that doesn't mean you can't have your hot beverage of choice with a chunk of this Blueberry Coffee Cake. I made this last month when I was consciously trying not to overdo the pumpkin-ness in everything. And I think it worked; I'll be ready for pumpkin again by Thanksgiving. But on to the cake: I used frozen blueberries since I had plenty in the freezer; it still seemed as if the berries were lacking. I don't know if fresh would've made a difference--in amount, in flavor, in whatever. But I wanted more berries.

What I didn't miss, surprisingly, was the typical crumbly streusel. This has a sugar/cinnamon/walnut (I subbed almonds) mixture layered in the middle and sprinkled on top for a little sweetness and crunch. It complements the incredibly moist cake nicely. I will make a point of making this for a crowd next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...