the cereals in my life

I know, I'm a day late but I was messing around with the blog yesterday and ended up realizing I'd already done everything I wanted to do at the moment.

So, anyway. Were you one of those kids suckered by themed cereals? Of course you were; we all wanted one at some point. I remember two specifically, Batman and Tiny Toons (full title, for info's sake: Tiny Toon Adventures, but nobody called it that).

I remember being so psyched to actually have the Batman cereal--my mom would buy us the usual junk like Froot Loops and Apple Jacks, but drew the line at movie/TV tie-ins--and then sooo let down by the cereal itself. I have a vague memory of a sweet, gritty corn cereal. It was...disappointing, to say the least. Ugh, just thinking of the grit. When I first tasted the Dulce de Leche Cheerios it gave me flashbacks. It's only slightly better. Maybe higher quality ingredients?

And then the Tiny Toons cereal. That must've been a year or two later. I have a clear memory of trying this and thinking, "This is just as bad as that Batman cereal! Did they just change the shape and repackage it?"

Ha. I guess this was the letdown entry.

(By the way, I did not know Mr. Breakfast existed. That is awesome. I've already spotted a few more cereals I could write about.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...