baking weekend

(Ugh, I hate being a day late but that's what happens when you overschedule your Tuesdays.)

So, last weekend: On Saturday I made this zucchini oat bread for Sunday breakfast. This is the only zucchini bread I make; others taste more like a dinner accompaniment. I thought I knew this bread well enough to make it in my sleep but for the first time I forgot the nuts. It wasn't a big deal--all it lost was some crunch--but I shouldn't have overlooked that.

Then on Sunday I was roped into making cookies for my sister. I didn't want to do it; I'd already planned on making a pie for the Fourth and oatmeal cookies the next week for travel purposes (I always travel with my own fiber!) but it's hard for me to say no when it comes to baking. I was determined to use ingredients I had on hand, which meant using up the last of the milk chocolate morsels. Chocolate chip cookies it is!

I used the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House bag but at the suggestion of another recipe I added dried apricots. I realize now that I try to add either oats or fruit to everything I bake. Oh, and after complaining all weekend about having to bake cookies and messing up my plans I finally tried a cookie last night. They're actually pretty good. I thought they were going to be too buttery but I guess the amounts of flour and other things evened it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...