why myilk?

I meant to include this waay back in the intro but it was running long, and then other topics cropped up, and so on. Anyway, if you've noticed, this blog's address is myilkandcereal.blogspot.com, not "milkandcereal." Why? First, I didn't want to pick something that might have already been taken, but second, (and mostly) it's the way my mom says "milk." Not all the time, just sometimes. If you're familiar with Southern accents, then you know some things are lengthened--like vowel sounds--and some things are shortened. Or, in this case, both. So "milk" becomes "mee-ilk" becomes "mee-yilk" becomes "myilk." Other examples include "dyood" for dude and "Pwontiac" for Pontiac (okay, that one I really can't explain).

Of course, I realized after I typed it out that one could also interpret it as "my ilk and cereal." But as you can see, I stuck with it anyway.

***
A quick addendum to my last post: just to get an idea of the size of a box of Good Morenings (they range from 21-25oz.), I compared it to my box of Multi-Grain Cheerios. It's twice the size of a box of Multi-Grain Cheerios. Yeah, that's huge. If I get one, I will definitely be sharing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...