review: Honey Nut Clusters

Okay, now let's see if I can get back on schedule. This morning I had the hard-to-find Honey Nut Clusters.  The first thing I noticed was that by the time I sat down, the milk level had dropped considerably. So add a little more than you normally would if you want to avoid eating a bowl of honey nut mush. I love the crispy coated flake--it tastes like wheat, or maybe a wheat bran?--but isn't dry. In these times of multiple cluster based cereals, though, the clusters in this cereal could stand to be a little bit larger and/or crunchier. The novelty of Honey Nut Clusters has worn off, which is probably why it's no longer prominent for General Mills.

I can't remember if I mentioned in an earlier post that I tried this cereal for the first time only last year. I don't know why it took me so long. The word "Nut" must have thrown me off. Imagine my surprise when I found out there's no nuts in Honey Nut Clusters; the clusters are actually nut-flavored. It's still a nice change of pace. I don't get many flake cereals.

****
Speaking of flake cereals, Post has a new line of cereals called Good Morenings (no link yet; I'll update it later). I'm intrigued by the Strawberry and Creme flavor (it's a flake cereal) but I need to see the box size for myself. They insist you can get twenty-two bowls of cereal from one box; that would take me forever on my own. I checked my local Wal-Mart today; either they don't have it in yet or I'll have to check out the larger Wal-Mart two towns over. To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...