Fruit Butter Follies

(from 21Feb'12)

Another repeat cereal day, so I thought I'd write about fruit butter. I couldn't decide how to group it, though: by brand? All together? One per entry? Well, here's a quick line on the ones I've had so far:
McCutcheon's Peach Butter (I think this link goes to the product index but it's pretty obvious to navigate)-- like peach baby food, but I mean that in a good way.

Plum Butter (I thought this was also McCutcheon's but it's not on the website, so maybe not) -- had a coffee-like aftertaste, at first, but it got better with time.

Ozarkland Sweet Potato Butter -- pie on toast, I'm telling you. Includes a sweet potato pie recipe on the lid, but you won't get around to it.

***now for today's actual updates: after a year of searching, my mother finally found a jar of McCutcheon's Pear Butter for me. The combination of pear and spices is unlike anything I've tasted--not even apple butter; you'd think they might have similar flavors. McCutcheon's makes so many other products, too; I'm seriously thinking about going to their store in Frederick to try some.

In other news, you may recall my raisin bread roundup from a few months back. Time to add another bread to the list: Thomas' Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. I knew it existed; only yesterday did I happen to spot it. It's pretty good. The slices aren't too thick or too thin; I can taste the cinnamon throughout. There's more than enough raisins, too. Even if you're not a fan of English muffins (which I am definitely not) give their bread a chance. I'll be sure to try their seasonal cranberry flavor, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...