review: *new* Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch

(This wasn't the cereal I had planned to review today but it was such a reasonable price that I had to pick one up yesterday.)

So I imagine the brainstorm at General Mills R&D went something like this: Hey, what if we took Honey Nut Clusters and added some Honey Nut Cheerios?

That's basically what this is but there's a little more to it. First, the flakes are a little bit bigger than in Honey Nut Clusters. Also, I was expecting more of a bran-like flake anyway but this was the better choice. The clusters are larger too--you can see pieces of almond slivers in them. Come to think of it, the Honey Nut Cheerios seemed larger as well but maybe that was my eyes playing tricks on me.

I can understand the need to do this, though; you have to differentiate from those other cereals, otherwise anyone could just mix Honey Nut Cheerios and Honey Nut Clusters. Actually, I can't believe I'd never thought of that one.

Oh, and the flavor, in case you were wondering, is overwhelmingly that of Honey Nut Cheerios. I can't wait to try it with banana slices next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...