for the peanut brother

I like to send care packages every now and then--any excuse to bake, right? But my brother is trying to cut back on junk, so I try to send him treats with some redeeming quality. These Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Blondies were just what I was looking for. This was my first attempt at a blondie; I wanted to make something other than cookies for a change. And peanut butter is one of my brother's favorite foods, so I was pretty confident that I couldn't go wrong. A few adjustments, though: I didn't add peanuts or the chocolate drizzle, just a sprinkling of peanut butter chips (hey, go peanut butter big or go home, I say). Also I didn't do the heart-shaped cutouts; that would've been a little much.

Of course I saved a few for tasting; they may be low-sugar but they don't lack for flavor. One bite had a chunk of brown sugar; that was entirely my fault. Make sure you whisk thoroughly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...