a new fruit

I don't mean that someone invented a new fruit, just that I'd never had a nectarine before. Don't laugh. I don't know if I'm allergic to all stone fruits, so I chose to wait until I found a recipe that involved cooking a nectarine. And involved breakfast, of course: Fruity Yogurt and Walnut Breakfast Bowl.

I skipped the walnuts because they don't agree with me and I honestly forgot the pomegranate seeds (they were on my grocery list but I still forgot to look for them!) but I did have a lime on hand, so it was more like a Fruity Yogurt Cup. And you need the lime zest. I think the nectarine and cinnamon--it's a lot of cinnamon, and that's coming from someone loves cinnamon--would be overwhelming without the lime zest to balance it out.

And you might not want to cook your nectarine to death, either. The nectarine slices in the picture look raw--if you don't want warm fruit I suppose you could just slice a nectarine over your yogurt and sprinkle on some cinnamon. But I'll still finish mine tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...