oats up in this

You know how I love to stick oats in my baked goods. Even if I get the occasional "What's these white things?" *eye roll* I still do it for the texture and of course, the fiber. I had a taste for blueberries this weekend so it was the perfect time to try this Blueberry Oatmeal Bread. Also, fresh blueberries are at their peak this time of year; I had to make use of them.

Ok, the bread itself: just a little chew to it but otherwise moist and pretty sweet. The berries themselves actually offer a bit of a tart counterpoint to the sugar in the bread. And that loaf was loaded. I was worried as I folded the berries into the batter that 1 cup wasn't looking like enough; I don't know why I can never seem to judge that.

All in all, the outcome was definitely worth the effort.

*******
And this morning I found out that I can tolerate the differing textures of blueberries and Mini-Wheats. Good to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...