review: Shredded Wheat -- honey nut

Okay, so it's not new like the other cereals I have waiting in the wings, but it's new to me. After I raved about Shredded Wheat Crunch (okay, not really raved, but layered with maple brown sugar Mini-Wheats? Is. The. Best.) I looked up the other flavors and thought Honey Nut sounded interesting. However, it was really hard to find. My local Wal-Mart just expanded their cereal aisle in the last week or so which made shelf space for this particular Shredded Wheat.

And now I know the difference between Shredded Wheat and Frosted Mini-Wheats. Shredded Wheat--the "spoon size"-- is more of a puffy wheat square while Mini-Wheats are a little more rectangular wrapping of wheat. And the honey nut flavor wasn't exactly what I expecting; when you think "honey nut" you think "Cheerios," right? I thought these would be a little sweeter and...nuttier, I guess. Looking at the ingredients list it seems there's almonds in there somewhere. I still like them enough to add to the rotation, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...