I did it!

I finally made cinnamon rolls! That's been on my list of things to try for years. I've been collecting recipes for years but they either 1) make too many; or b) require a stand mixer/dough hook.

So earlier this month I found the perfect recipe for a first-timer: Cinnamon Rolls by Fleischmann's Simply Homemade bread mix. I make their breads often enough that I trusted the outcome.

I have to say that the dough was really easy to work with. It wasn't too sticky and rolled out with seizing back up. I used real butter for the dough and Smart Balance for the filling, and not quite all of the cinnamon and sugar mixture.

So what I need to work on for next time is rolling the dough up more tightly and cutting evenly. My rolls were a bit misshapen and some were bigger than others but nobody really cared. It's cinnamon rolls!

As for texture, it wasn't the soft, bread-y cinnamon roll I was expecting, like, say Entenmann's. It was almost like a coffee cake cinnamon roll, soft in some places and crumbly in others. Or like these sticky buns without the sticky part.

But anyway, they were devoured. That's what's important. Now I can up my degree of difficulty to a recipe that calls for warmed milk. I may not be a novice baker anymore but there's still plenty of skills to master.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...