experiment #1: flavored Cream of Wheat

Hey, I was out again for a few days and just now getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully next time I'll remember to mention an absence in advance.

Anyway, you know how the back of the Cream of Wheat box has "stir-in ideas?" I intend to try all of them this fall/winter, starting today with Polaner All-Fruit. Super-quick backstory: I wanted an interesting flavor of fruit spread, picked up this apricot flavor, didn't realize it was All-Fruit with Fiber, turns out all Polaners are like that now, and then decided hey, I should try this in some Cream of Wheat.

I stirred in about a teaspoon and it broke up nicely with little bits of apricot distributed throughout. And I'll confess to adding a teensy bit of sugar but it didn't really affect the mild apricot flavor. It was more than palatable (not even a texture conflict!) and I would recommend it to those of you who find the plainness of Cream of Wheat to be a turnoff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...