soup success

Well, I guess it's cold enough to start making soup...so I tried a new one last night: Smoky Cream of Broccoli Soup. The attraction for me, obviously, was a "cream" soup with no cream or milk involved. This was also the first time I ever put a hot liquid in the blender. I knew you were supposed to remove the plastic insert from the lid but I couldn't remember why because I haven't watched a cooking show in ages. I looked it up before I got started though: if steam builds up in the blender, it will blow off your lid. This is also why you can't overload the blender. I made sure to be extra careful, and it added to my prep/cook time, but better to be safe than extremely messy.

A few thoughts on this recipe: (a) it was delicious; (b) don't let the look of the green liquid turn you off, the flavor is totally in there; (c) follow it exactly, with regards to the amounts. I could've used more broccoli and a slightly bigger potato. Also, next time I'll probably flip the roasted broccoli and put it back in the oven for a few more minutes just to make sure they get good and toasty on both sides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...