yes, more recipes

First off, I came across this recipe a few minutes ago for rainbow waffles. At this rate I'm going to have a whole binder full of "recipes for future children."

Now to what I intended to share: pumpkin cranberry bread. I could've sworn I'd made this before but it wasn't marked on the recipe. I probably have a duplicate who-knows-where. Also, I cut the recipe in half because I really didn't need two loaves and it still turned out fine.

Also, I must be in an orange food mood because I also made sweet potatoes and greens. I tore the recipe out of People magazine three years ago and finally got around to trying it. I'm used to eating only sweet potato fries on a regular basis and whipped sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving--not to mention my grandmother's boiled-to-within-an-inch-of-their-lives greens--so I was interested in a different take on these two foods. The flavor was great, not too garlicky and not too sweet, but I learned that you absolutely have to cut the sweet potatoes as small as possible or they will not cook through. You want them tender, not crunchy. Also, two was enough for three people--actually, we could've fed a fourth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...