it's almost chocolate season, too

I already covered tea, so now how about some chocolate? You know, the drink every kid wants after a hard day playing in the cold and/or snow. A big mug with a fat jumbo marshmallow--two if you're lucky. (Not to get too off topic, but how about marshmallow varieties these days? If I was a kid I'd be in marshmallow heaven.)

Some people call it hot cocoa but in my family it was always hot chocolate, specifically Nestle Rich Chocolate packets, although later I switched to Milk Chocolate with Marshmallows (to avoid buying marshmallows; must've been in college) and later plain Milk Chocolate. And we always made it with--gasp--water. I don't know why; obviously I have to now, but as a kid I could've had it with milk. Maybe using water was already a habit of my mother's, or maybe she didn't want to have to buy but so many gallons of milk. I should ask her and then update this entry.

More recently, let's say three or four years ago, I discovered Land O Lakes Cocoa Classics flavored individual packets. Chocolate...that's more than chocolate? Color me intrigued. The only time I'd ever had a flavored hot chocolate was one Swiss Miss French Vanilla packet (but I couldn't really get past it being Swiss Miss) and once I melted a candy cane in hot chocolate because mint + chocolate = the best. So now I rotate the Mint, Caramel, French Vanilla and Raspberry flavors. Although, looking at the website...there's a Butterscotch? And Cinnamon? And what is Arctic White? I need to keep an eye out for these flavors.

***
You may have noticed the lack of reviews lately. It seems I piled on so many in September that I got stuck finishing them this month. But I promise there'll be something next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...