the late, lamented

Today I thought I'd mention some recently passed cereals that I still miss. I remember it was almost three years ago that my brother got me hooked on Smart Start Strawberry Oat Bites. They were a bit crisper than a shredded wheat and had a strawberry-flavored filling. As is usually the case, one day I went to the cereal aisle and they were no longer there. I think Kellogg's took their strawberry-stuffing technology, replaced it with chocolate, and created the new Krave cereal. Boo.

What I miss even more, though, is All Bran Strawberry Medley. You may remember, when it first came out, the commercial had John McEnroe in some couple's bedroom? That was one of my favorite cereals of all time. I know I could recreate it today with some bran flakes, Corn Chex, and fresh strawberries--and it would probably be better--but it wouldn't be the same. 2009 must've been a big strawberry year for me.

*No, I didn't forget it's St. Patrick's Day. I just wore out my elbows making this key lime pie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...