Review: *new* Life Crunchtime -- strawberry flavor

This was another Target impulse buy. It's Life...but it's not? It comes in strawberry? I'm intrigued.

First, it's clearly meant to get kids to eat Life. It's like a gateway Life. Otherwise, why bother branding it as such? Quaker could've just called it Crunchtime. It's another one of those multigrain-but-prominently-corn cereals (like certain Cheerios with reviews forthcoming). The rounds aren't as big as I thought they would be; I'd call them button-sized, and slightly puffy. I knew as soon as I poured it that this would be a good candidate for mixing, so I added some Oatmeal Squares on top.

It wasn't too sweet and barely turned the milk pink (pluses in my book) but it benefitted from the texture difference in the Oatmeal Squares. Final verdict? Nothing special, but I do like it. If I had kids, I would buy this for them, and they'd probably eat it straight. I'd have to continue mixing it, though, to avoid breakfast boredom. And you know, I'll probably end up trying the Apple Cinnamon flavor, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...